Next Steps for Admitted Students
Enjoy a memorable experience while living on SXU's vibrant campus, as we aim to be your home away from home. Be part of a close-knit community where you can make new friends and participate in residence hall activities.
Now that you're admitted to Saint Xavier, it's time to take the next steps to enroll and become a member of the Cougar family. If you haven't filed the FAFSA or visited campus, we encourage you to do so! To secure your space at SXU, submit your tuition deposit and register for first-year orientation, called Via. Planning to live on campus? If so, secure your campus housing by submitting your housing application.
See the Next Steps checklist below. Questions about your next steps? Contact the Office of Admission at 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798) or admissionFREESXU.
- File the FAFSA using the school code 001768. If you are not eligible for the FAFSA, determine if you are eligible to file the Alternative App for Illinois Financial Aid.
- Plan a visit to campus or take advantage of virtual visit opportunities.
- Register for First-Year Orientation (Via).
- Submit your $100 tuition deposit by logging into your SXU Applicant Status Portal with the email you used to apply to SXU. This deposit confirms you will be attending Saint Xavier University and is a credit toward tuition charges. Parents/Guardians who wish to make a deposit for their child: Your student can log into their applicant status portal and share their unique tuition deposit link with you. Or email admissionFREESXU for your child's tuition deposit link. Deposits are refundable until May 1.
- Submit your housing application if interested in living on campus.
- Send your final high school transcript.
For a more detailed list of Next Steps, please visit our What Next? page.
Transfer and Adult Degree Completion
Congratulations on being admitted to SXU! We are excited to welcome you to our community. Our Transfer Student Services Center is ready to assist you in meeting with an academic advisor to review transfer credit, determine what courses are needed to complete your degree, and register for courses. Questions about your next steps? Contact the Office of Admission at 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798) or admissionFREESXU.
- Request an advising appointment by completing the Request Advising Appointment Form. A member of our Transfer Student Services Center will then contact you to schedule an advising appointment.
- File the FAFSA using the school code 001768. (If you are not eligible for the FAFSA, determine if you are eligible to file the Alternative App for Illinois Financial Aid.)
- Submit your $100 tuition deposit to secure your spot at SXU. Log into SXU Applicant Status Portal. This deposit confirms you will be attending Saint Xavier University and is a credit toward tuition charges.
Congratulations on being admitted to a Saint Xavier University graduate program! We are excited to welcome you to our Cougar community. Your formal letter of admission contains your next steps and will be arriving soon.
- To apply for the Graduate Stafford Loan, visit the FAFSA website and use the SXU school code: 001768.
Meet Your Admission Counselor