Filing for Financial Aid
The 2018-2019 FAFSA will be available to file beginning October 1, 2017. You are encouraged to complete your FAFSA as soon as possible to maximize your financial aid eligibility. SXU's priority filing deadline is December 1, 2017.
- Create your FSA ID
- Click the green "Start a New FAFSA" button
- Complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA
- Include Saint Xavier University's school code: 001768
- Include student and parent's (if requested) FSA IDs to electronically sign the form or print the signature page; the FAFSA will not process without necessary signatures
- Submit: The application is not complete until your confirmation number is displayed
- Follow up: Check the status of your FAFSA, make corrections, view and print your Student Aid Report online
Help is available for every question in the "Help & Hints" boxes on the FAFSA. Call 1-800-4-FED-AID with any questions regarding your FSA ID or FAFSA.
Make Changes to Your Financial Aid Awards
Do you want to reduce or reject a loan or work-study award? You can make these changes online via Self-Service on mySXU. Just click Financial Aid Gateway, then select "My Awards" from the drop-down menu where you will see the option to adjust awards.
New Students: Complete your Loan Requirements Today
All new student borrowers must complete these steps before Direct Stafford Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans can be processed:
If you also have a Perkins Loan on your award letter, watch your SXU email for a message from University Accounting Service with links to the Perkins MPN and Entrance Counseling.
Parents of dependent students can apply for a Federal Direct PLUS Loan for Parents to finance educational costs for their dependent undergraduate student. Apply online using the same FSA ID used to electronically sign your student's FAFSA.
If you have been selected for the Federal Verification process, go to the Financial Aid Gateway, via mySXU Self-Service, to review the documents needed. Please complete and return all requested documents to the Office of Financial Aid as soon as possible to prevent funding delays.
Graduating Students - Complete Exit Counseling
All graduating students need to complete Federal Exit Counseling for their student loans. Complete yours online today.
- Stafford Loan Exit Counseling
If you have borrowed from the Federal Direct Stafford Subsidized or Unsubsidized loan programs while attending SXU, Stafford Exit Counseling must be completed prior to graduation. Sign in using your FSA ID.
- Perkins Loan Exit Counseling
If you have borrowed from the Federal Perkins Loan Program while attending SXU, Perkins Exit Counseling must be completed prior to graduation.