Saint Xavier University values the time and energy you've invested in your education thus far. As a result, it isn't surprising to find that many transfer students choose to attend Saint Xavier each year. In fact, Saint Xavier is among the top 10 private, non-profit, destination colleges for transfers in the state of Illinois. Another fact: two out of three Saint Xavier students who receive an undergraduate diploma each year have transferred some credit into Saint Xavier.
Saint Xavier is very "transfer friendly" as a result of our generous transfer scholarships and transfer credit policies. And, our quality and affordable education is why Saint Xavier was named among the Top 10 Best Value Regional Universities in the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report. Saint Xavier accepts applications for transfer students during the fall, spring and summer semesters, as well as additional start terms in several programs.
Six Reasons to Transfer to SXU
- Generous scholarships and financial aid: All full-time transfer students receive a merit scholarship towards their SXU tuition.
- Quality traditional and accelerated programs: Choose from traditional, hybrid, and online programs.
- Generous transfer credit: Courses transfer in numerous ways including course-by-course and through associate degrees.
- Credit for prior learning: Including CLEP (College Level Examination Program and work, military, and personal experience.
- Numerous start options: Begin classes in the summer, fall or spring.
- Transfer Student Services Center: From transfer-tailored advising, a transfer-friendly space and a transfer student mentorship program, your transition to SXU is effortless.
Transfer to SXU
Transferring doesn't need to be difficult! Here at Saint Xavier, we simplify the process. Take a look at our transfer courses, transfer guides and speak directly with an admissions counselor to begin the process today!
- Attend a Transfer Day
- Take a tour
- Meet with an admissions counselor
- Meet with a faculty member
- Request more information
- Apply online - no application fee required
Saint Xavier University also offers eXpress admission opportunities, where students can get their admission decision, scholarship information and information regarding the transfer of courses in one visit to campus.
In recognition of your academic accomplishments, Saint Xavier University offers merit-based scholarships to prospective full-time transfer students. Scholarship amounts below are for the 2018-2019 academic year. All scholarships are renewable based on full-time enrollment.
Want an estimate of your merit scholarship? Contact a transfer admission counselor at 844-GOTO-SXU or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer Merit Scholarship - $10,000 to $17,000
Transfer Merit Scholarships are awarded to full-time transfer students upon admission to the university and are based on your college grade point average.
The Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship - $18,000
Saint Xavier University awards the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship of $18,000 to members of their community college's Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
Vernon O. Crawley Scholarship - $18,000
Eight students of merit graduating from Moraine Valley Community College are awarded the Vernon O. Crawley Scholarship.
Residence Hall Award - $2,000
Transfer students who live on campus are eligible for an additional $2,000 residence hall award.
Note: A student can qualify for one merit scholarship - either the Transfer Merit Scholarship, Phi Theta Kappa or Vernon O. Crawley Scholarship.
To learn more about the application process and other information regarding our scholarship opportunities, check out the transfer scholarships section on the Admission Scholarships page.
Transfer Student Experience
Alumna and transfer student, Christine Manika speaks about her experience transferring into SXU in the Alumni Spotlight below: