|Have questions about how the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation will affect your admission? View the Admission Response to COVID-19 page for details on operations during this time as well as resources available to learn more about SXU.|
Welcome to Saint Xavier University! This is an exciting time as you start your college search, and we are so pleased that you are exploring your options as a freshman student at SXU's campus. Please use the Office of Admission and your admission counselor as resources through the college application process.
Saint Xavier University is continuing to closely monitor reports from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) to keep everyone on campus safe and informed. There are currently no reported cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) at SXU.
At this time, campus tours and on-campus appointments have been postponed for prospective students and families until further notice. However, offices on campus remain open, and we are interested in connecting with you by phone and email! We encourage you to schedule an appointment to speak with your admission counselor by phone.
Be sure to check this page for frequent updates as well as our Admission Response to COVID-19 page for additional details.
Discover Scholarships and Aid
Upon receipt of your application and required items noted above, your application will be reviewed for admission and merit scholarship consideration. You are notified of your Freshman Merit Scholarship in your admission letter. Freshman merit scholarships range from $14,000 - $21,000 per year and are renewable each year while in good academic standing. Saint Xavier also offers talent scholarships for areas including art, athletics, and music. Awards are available for students who are entering SXU after graduating from a Catholic high school, and students who live in our residence halls are eligible for a residence hall grant. In addition, students may be eligible for additional financial aid based on the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Apply to SXU
If you are ready to apply for freshman admission, follow these steps to complete the process:
- Submit an application for admission. There are multiple ways to apply, and all our applications are free. Choose from one of the following:
- Request an *official high school transcript or GED score report;
- Request your official ACT or SAT score(s), unless included on high school transcript. (ACT school code = 1134, SAT school code = 1708)
*Options for official transcript submission:
- Paper transcripts can be accepted as official provided they are either mailed or personally delivered to the Office of Admission in the original, sealed envelope from the school.
- Electronic transcripts can be accepted as official provided they are emailed directly from the school or are submitted via an electronic transcript service to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An essay describing their reasons for pursuing the nursing program, and why they are interested in attending Saint Xavier
- The Nursing Essential Abilities and Behaviors Form signed and submitted to the Office of Admission. The signed form can be read and
electronically signed online here. It can also be faxed (773-298-3076), mailed or emailed (email@example.com) to the Admission Office.
Office of Admission
Saint Xavier University
3700 West 103rd Street
Chicago, IL 60655
We look forward to assisting you through this exciting time!
Brian D. Hotzfield
Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management, Student Development and Student Success