|Have questions about how the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation will affect your admission? View the Admission Response to COVID-19 page for details on operations during this time as well as resources available to learn more about SXU.|
This is an exciting time as you start your college search and we are pleased that you're exploring your options as a freshman student at Saint Xavier University. Please use the Office of Admission and your admission counselor as resources to help guide you through the college application process. It's our goal to make this an easy process.
Starting Monday, July 6, our campus will be open for visitors by appointment. For details and to schedule a visit to campus, please see our campus visit page. The Office of Admission's hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We also have Virtual Visits to help guide you through our wonderful campus and to learn more about the SXU experience. Please be sure to check this page for frequent updates as well as our Admission Response to COVID-19 page for additional details. Questions? Contact us at 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply at SXU
If you're ready to apply for freshman admission, please follow these steps below to complete the process. Please note that essays are not required, except for students applying to the nursing program.
- Submit a free application for admission.
- Request an official high school transcript or GED score report.
- Paper transcripts can be accepted as official, provided they're either mailed or personally delivered to the Office of Admission in the original, sealed envelope from your school.
- Electronic transcripts can be accepted as official provided if they are emailed directly from your school or submitted via an electronic transcript service to email@example.com.
- Request your official ACT or SAT score(s), unless included on high school transcript. (ACT school code: 1134, SAT school code: 1708)
Freshman nursing applicants must also include the following items to complete their application:
- An essay describing your reasons for pursuing the nursing program and why you're interested in attending SXU.
- The Nursing Essential Abilities and Behaviors Form must be signed and submitted to the Office of Admission. This form can be read and electronically signed online here. It can also be faxed to 773-298-3076, or mailed or emailed to the Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For freshman nursing admission requirements, please visit our School of Nursing and Health Sciences admission requirements page for details.
Discover Scholarships and Aid
Once you've completed and submitted your application, along with the required materials, your application will be reviewed for admission and Freshman Merit Scholarship consideration. Freshman Merit Scholarships range from $14,000 to $21,000 per year and are renewable each year while in good academic standing. Please note that you'll be notified of your scholarship in your admission letter.
SXU also offers talent scholarships for areas including art, athletics and music. Awards are available for students who are entering SXU after graduating from a Catholic high school. Students who live in our residence halls are eligible for a residence hall grant. In addition, students may be eligible for additional financial aid based on the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).