Request for Vaccination Exemption
On August 26, 2021, J.B. Pritzker, Governor of Illinois, held a press conference announcing a state mandate requiring all educators, including higher education, along with all higher education students, to become vaccinated.
Accordingly, all Saint Xavier University students and employees will be required to be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19. Student and employees will be required to receive their first dose by September 5, 2021, and their second dose within 30 days of the first.
Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for COVID-19 due to a documented medical reason or their sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance may request an exemption. The following points are each important in understanding the proper protocol and requirements in requesting a vaccination exemption:
- Exemption requests must be fully completed and submitted by September 15, 2021.
- Exemptions are NOT guaranteed.
- General philosophical or moral reluctance to allow immunizations will not provide sufficient basis for an exemption.
- Each request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and a decision will be communicated via email.
- Exemption requests will take a few days to review before a decision is communicated.
- While exemptions are being reviewed and if an exemption is granted or denied, you will still be required to follow protocol for weekly COVID-19 testing in order to maintain access to campus facilities. Fully vaccinated individuals who provide proof of vaccination to the SXU Health Center do not need to test weekly for COVID-19.
- Each request must be supported by specific documentation (if requested) for it to be considered.
*As stated in the Governor's order, an individual is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose in a two-dose series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use, licensed, or otherwise approved by the FDA, or two weeks after receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use, licensed, or otherwise approved by the FDA.
Please use the button to complete the online religious exemption form.View
Religious ExemptionPlease use the button to complete the online religious exemption form.