The SXU Health Center is unique in that we serve students, faculty, staff and members of the community. We are a nurse practitioner-led primary care clinic that is open year-round and provides a variety of services for our patient population. Located at 3925 W. 103rd Street (Driehaus Center), our mission is to provide accessible and affordable holistic care that upholds the SXU standard for excellence.Schedule an Appointment
Important COVID-19 Information
All students, staff and faculty are eligible for COVID-19 testing after exposures or suspicious symptoms. COVID testing for community members may be recommended as part of a visit with a nurse practitioner.
SXU Students and Employees Only: If you are symptomatic or have had an exposure to COVID-19 (regardless of vaccination status) and need a COVID-19 test please use our COVID-19 Reporting Form. Someone from the Health Center will call you back to get more information and to set up an appointment if necessary. At this time the SXU Health Center is not performing any mandatory weekly testing as part of Executive Order No. 87. Learn more at COVID-19 Testing and Vaccines.
All SXU students, faculty and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19, are experiencing symptoms suspicious of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 and are not fully vaccinated should stay home and fill out our HIPAA-secure COVID-19 Reporting Form. Once we have received the report someone from the Health Center will call you back as soon as we can to get more information and set up testing if needed.
We are fortunate to have a supply of COVID-19 vaccines from the Chicago Department of Public Health, and are administering them Monday through Friday. We also can go on-site with your school or company! Call 773-298-3712 to schedule or book an appointment on ZocDoc. We can usually accommodate same-day appointments and walk-ins. All are welcome!
Currently we are administering the Pfizer (5 years old and up) and Moderna (18 years old and up) vaccines Monday through Friday. Learn more about COVID-19 Testing and Vaccines.
Additional and booster doses:
Booster doses are strongly recommended and is currently approved under Emergency Use Authorization
for everyone 12 years old and up who received their second dose of Pfizer or Moderna at least five months ago and Johnson & Johnson at
least two months ago. We are also offering second boosters for those who qualify. Please call 773-298-3712
to make an appointment.
The CDC now recommends that everyone (5 years old and up) who is moderately to severely immunocompromised receive a third dose of an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) at least 28 days after their second dose. The SXU Health Center is offering these appointments to anyone who meets this criteria, but it is first important to speak with your doctors/clinical team to determine the best timing of the third dose.
Masking is required in the SXU Health Center. If you do not have a mask at your appointment, one will be given to you.
Depending on your symptoms, known exposure to COVID-19, and vaccination status you may be offered a telemedicine (secure video link) visit first.
We offer sick visits for anyone 18 months of age and older. Depending on your symptoms, any known exposure to COVID-19, and your vaccination status you may be offered a telemedicine (secure video link) first. The following are some examples of visit reasons:
- Sore throat/strep throat
- Cold/flu (including rapid flu testing)
- Sinus infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Pink eye
- Ear irrigation
- Mono (including rapid mono testing)
- Minor Injury (no X-ray services on site)
- STD testing and treatment
- Mental health (can treat basic anxiety/depression, depending on severity may be referred to a mental health professional)
- School/well-child physicals (preschool through college)
- Sports physicals
- Camp physicals
- Health program physicals
- Work physicals
- DOT physicals
- Well-woman physicals (including pap smears)
- DOT physicals
- Illinois Bus driver physicals
- DOT drug screens
- Learn about our additional services on our Occupational Health Services page.
- Urine drug screens
- PPD placements/readings
- QuantiFERON gold
- All required immunizations
- All of our specimens are sent to Quest Diagnostics for processing.
- We offer adult and pediatric blood draws (including lead testing).
- Patients can bring in lab orders from outside medical providers for specimen collection. The results are then sent directly to the provider.
- Many of our nurse practitioners are certified CPR instructors through the American Heart Association.
- Please see our CPR Classes page for information on schedules and classes offered.
- Our staff offers health education on various topics around the SXU campus and throughout the community.
- Looking for a speaker at your school or place of business? Let one of our nurse practitioners give a presentation on a health topic of your choice to your students or employees.
- We participate in health fairs around the Chicagoland area to provide information on health topics.
- We offer nicotine and tobacco cessation counseling and treatment provided individually and in groups.
- Traveling internationally? We offer comprehensive travel visits that cover everything from immunizations needed to malaria prevention to traveler's diarrhea.
- Please see our Travel Medicine Services page for more information
We are a tobacco-free campus!
Saint Xavier University is proud to be a tobacco-free campus since 2017, with the goal of providing a safe and healthy living/learning/working environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors.Learn more
"My first experience at the SXU Health Center was professional and caring. I was greeted with a smile and felt like they welcomed me. They also had the vaccine I needed when my own pharmacy did not. Appreciated that convenience immensely."
"The SXU Health Center is extremely convenient, is very clean, and the employees are professional and friendly. I will use it as often as possible. Great experience as always."
"This is a little unknown gem in the community. The staff is so nice and so professional. They aren't overbooked and I got in and out quickly. Thank you to Saint Xavier's for offering the clinic for all of us."
Classes and Special Services
The SXU Health Center provides classes and special services for those who are interested in participating.