The SXU Health Center is unique in that we serve students, faculty, staff and members of the community. We are a nurse practitioner-led primary care clinic that is open year-round and provides a variety of services for our patient population. Located at 3925 W. 103rd Street (Driehaus Center), our mission is to provide accessible and affordable holistic care that upholds the SXU standard for excellence.Schedule an Appointment
Important COVID-19 Information
Testing and Reporting
All students, staff and faculty are eligible for COVID-19 testing after exposures or suspicious symptoms. COVID testing for community members may be recommended as part of a visit with a nurse practitioner.
SXU Students and Employees Only: SXU is no longer tracking positive COVID-19 cases on campus and therefore the COVID Reporting Form has been inactivated. If you have tested positive for COVID-19, please stay home and use the CDC's Isolation and Exposure Calculator to determine when you can return to campus and stop masking. If you have been exposed or have suspicious symptoms for COVID-19, please call 773-298-3712 to request or test or a sick visit with a nurse practitioner. If you have any COVID-related questions please call the Health Center, email healthcenterFREESXU, or send a secure message through our Patient Portal. Questions will be answered during business hours.
Learn more about COVID-19 Testing and Vaccines.
We now have the updated (2023-2024 formulation) Moderna COVID-19 vaccine in stock
at the Health Center for age 12 and older! The CDC recommends that everyone in this age group receive one dose of this vaccine this fall whether
or not they've been previously vaccinated. The updated vaccine is a better match to
fight common variants circulating now. We are also happy to add the COVID-19 vaccine
to your flu vaccine appointment. Please call 773-298-3712 to make an appointment.
We have ordered Pfizer vaccines for 12 and older and Moderna vaccines for 6 months to 11 years but have not received information about shipping dates. We will update this webpage when we are ready to start administering these doses.
The COVID-19 vaccines are no longer supplied from the government and will be billed through private insurance. We are in-network with many insurances. Learn more about COVID vaccines and how to get a vaccine for free if you don't have insurance at COVID-19 Testing and Vaccines.
Masking in the Health Center
Masking is currently optional in the Health Center, however, we will ask you to wear a mask if you are experiencing any upper respiratory symptoms (e.g. sore throat, stuffy nose, cough, fever, etc). Our clinical staff continues to wear masks during sick visits. If you would prefer the staff to wear a mask for your visit, please ask and they would be happy to do so.
We continue to offer telemedicine visits (via secure video link) for certain conditions. Please call 773-298-3712 for more information.
We offer sick visits for anyone 18 months of age and older. The following are some examples of visit reasons:
- Sore throat/strep throat
- Cold/flu (including rapid flu and COVID-19 testing)
- Sinus infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Pink eye
- Ear irrigation
- Mono (including rapid mono testing)
- Minor Injury (no X-ray services on site)
- Sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment
- Mental health (can treat basic anxiety/depression, depending on severity may be referred to a mental health professional)
- School/well-child physicals (preschool through college)
- Sports physicals
- Camp physicals
- Health program physicals
- Work physicals
- DOT physicals
- Well-woman physicals (including pap smears)
- We offer all CDC recommended vaccines for infants through older adults.
- Please see our Immunizations Offered page for a full list.
- We give travel vaccinations (e.g. Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Japanese Encephalitis) as part of a travel visit. These vaccines must be special ordered, but usually arrive in 2 business days.
- We currently are not part of the Vaccines for Children program.
- DOT physicals
- Illinois Bus driver physicals
- DOT drug screens
- Learn about our additional services on our Occupational Health Services page.
- Urine drug screens
- PPD placements/readings
- QuantiFERON gold
- All required immunizations
- All of our specimens are sent to Quest Diagnostics for processing.
- We offer adult and pediatric blood draws (including lead testing). Pediatric lab draws are limited to the times our pediatric provider is in the office (please call for more details).
- Patients can bring in lab orders from outside medical providers for specimen collection. The results are then faxed directly to the provider.
- Many of our nurse practitioners are certified CPR instructors through the American Heart Association.
- Please see our CPR Classes page for information on schedules and classes offered.
- Our staff offers health education on various topics around the SXU campus and throughout the community.
- Looking for a speaker at your school or place of business? Let one of our nurse practitioners give a presentation on a health topic of your choice to your students or employees.
- We participate in health fairs around the Chicagoland area to provide information on health topics.
- We offer nicotine and tobacco cessation counseling and treatment provided individually and in groups.
- Traveling internationally? We offer comprehensive travel visits that cover everything from immunizations needed to malaria prevention to traveler's diarrhea.
- Please see our Travel Medicine Services page for more information
We are a tobacco-free campus!
Saint Xavier University is proud to be a tobacco-free campus since 2017, with the goal of providing a safe and healthy living/learning/working environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors.Learn more
"My first experience at the SXU Health Center was professional and caring. I was greeted with a smile and felt like they welcomed me. They also had the vaccine I needed when my own pharmacy did not. Appreciated that convenience immensely."
"The SXU Health Center is extremely convenient, is very clean, and the employees are professional and friendly. I will use it as often as possible. Great experience as always."
"This is a little unknown gem in the community. The staff is so nice and so professional. They aren't overbooked and I got in and out quickly. Thank you to Saint Xavier's for offering the clinic for all of us."
Classes and Special Services
The SXU Health Center provides classes and special services for those who are interested in participating.