Student Leadership TeamsStudent Government Association (SGA) and Student Activities Board (SAB) seek to enrich the overall experience of SXU students. SGA and SAB are structured in a way that allows for easy flow of communication and collaborative efforts, yet function as two separate organizations.
Student Government Association
SGA is the official student body organization for the University and formally acts as a liaison among students, faculty, administration and the surrounding university community. SGA's stated mission is to provide an effective and responsive student government, advocate student rights and concerns, enhance the overall academic and campus experience, inform the student body about academic and administrative processes, increase the awareness of SGA, and demonstrate the student's impact on the University. To view meeting minutes, previous resolutions, and current projects, visit SGA's page on The Den.
We, Student Government Association (SGA), strive to promote unity on campus, instill a sense of school pride and inspire students to become active and engaged members of the SXU community.
Student Government Association (SGA):
- serves as the voice of the student body by sharing student ideas, opinions and concerns with administrators, and enacting legislation to create satisfactory resolutions for students;
- represents the student body in an official capacity by attending Extended Leadership Team meetings, Board of Trustee meetings and other university committees as needed;
- acts as administrator of the Student Activity Fund (SAF) to registered student organizations (RSOs) and as a link between student RSOs, faculty and administrators of the entire SXU community by allocating SAF to RSOs, managing Student Activities Board's (SAB) operational budget, and performing annual financial analysis and review, by working to create multiple avenues of communication for students to contribute to and learn about all that is happening on campus.
Student Activities Board
SAB is the sponsor of annual, campus-wide programs, activities and events. SGA's second in command, the Executive Vice President of Programming, heads the Student Activities Board to allow SGA to stay informed on student activities and vice versa. The board is comprised of several positions that work collectively to foster and build traditions and community amongst students.
Student Activities Board (SAB):
- runs student activities, small to large, for the student body;
- collaborates with SGA to ensure activities offered are what the student body would like to see;
- coordinates major social traditions such as Taste of SXU, Spring Formal, Homecoming Week, Welcome Week, Commuter Appreciation Week, and more;
- coordinates a diverse series of events that celebrate various cultures and/or action/educational programs, including supporting programming for heritage months as well as awareness campaigns.
Are you interested in representing a student constituency? There are both volunteer Senator positions for SGA as well as paid student leadership positions. For more information about paid leadership positions of SGA and SAB, visit the X-Factor Student Leadership Page. Information about volunteer Senator positions will be posted and emailed to all students in the fall semester. Visit The Den to learn more about positions for Student Activities Board.
Executive Vice President for Programming
Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion Affairs
Vice President for RSO Affairs
Vice President for Volunteer Senators
Vice President for Commuter Affairs
Vice President for Service and Philanthropy