SXU Athlete Physicals
- The Health Center completes all SXU athletic physicals. Please call 773-298-3712 for an appointment or with any questions.
- Athletes are welcome to have their physical exam done at their convenience. We are open all summer and have appointments available Monday through Saturday.
- When you come for your physical, please bring your ID (a driver's license or Cougar Card), your insurance card and any completed forms (see below).
- For your convenience, the Health Center will submit a claim to your insurance company of your behalf. If your policy requires a co-pay, it is due the day of service.
- Fall sports: Athletic physicals must be completed yearly and turned into the athletic department no later than August 1.
- Spring sports: Athletic physicals must be completed yearly and turned into the athletic department before the start of your season. Your coach and/or the athletic trainers will supply you with a specific date.
- The SXU Health Center collects immunization records for students. We recommend that new athletes bring their immunization records at the time of your athletic physical. Alternatively they can be uploaded to our secure patient portal.
COVID-19 Infection Control
We have put several infection control measures into place for the spring/summer of 2020 to help protect patients and staff:
- All patients are required to wear cloth face masks while they are inside the Health Center. Staff will also be wearing face masks.
- When you arrive for your appointment we ask that you remain in your car and call the Health Center to let us know that you have arrived. When your room is ready we will escort you inside. If you do not have a car please call when you arrive and we will escort you inside to your room. Any remaining paperwork will be completed inside the exam room.
- No visitors are allowed. Patients under 18 years old may be accompanied by one parent or guardian.
- You will be called the day before your visit to review all of these instructions and to be asked a screening questionnaire about COVID-19 risk factors and symptoms.
- No walk-ins are accepted to allow for proper screening. We may still be able to accommodate same day appointments; call 773-298-3712 to make an appointment.
Registration and Health History Forms
Please select the appropriate forms below, print, and fill them out before your visit. Alternatively they can be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before your visit. It will save you valuable time!
- Patient Registration and Consent, Medical History (please complete if you are a new patient, if you have turned 18 since your last visit, or if it has been more than three (3) years since your last visit)
- Patient Registration and Consent Form (PDF) [PLEASE READ: SXU Health Center's Consent to Treatment (PDF)]
- Medical History (PDF)
- Athlete Release of Information Form (please complete yearly)
- Athlete Health History (print and complete and complete as a fillable PDF and email)
- Athlete Health History (PDF)
- COVID-19 Screening Form (please complete before visit)
- Physical Form