Services for Seniors AND RECENT GRADUATES
Congratulations, seniors and recent graduates! Your hard work and perseverance paid off!
The Center for SUCCESS is here to help with your Career Development needs. Please schedule an appointment with us to talk about:
- Resume/Cover Letter Assistance
- Job Search
- Mock Interview
- Graduate School
Contact the Center for SUCCESS
- Office: WAC L-208
- Phone: 773-298-3131
- Email: centerforsuccessFREESXU
- M-T: 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
F: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Resources for Seniors AND RECENT GRADUATES
A collection of resources and services to help students and recent graduates succeed.
Student Success Guide
Packed full of useful information to help you navigate your academic and career success through college and beyond. Includes sample resumes, cover letters, reference pages and more.
- How To: Writing a Resume
- How To: Writing a Cover Letter
- A Comprehensive List of Action Verbs for Resumes
- How To: Mastering Interviews
- Common interview Questions
- Job Search Strategies
- Networking 101
- How To: Writing a Personal Statement
- Preparing for Grad School
Seniors and Recent Graduates Suggestions (Personal and Professional Preparedness)
- Schedule a resume review with a Center for SUCCESS advisor and get your resume employer-ready
- Complete mock interviews and practice your interviewing skills
- Consider a volunteer or a pre-professional opportunity to enhance your transferrable skills.
- Attend networking events, hosted by the Center for SUCCESS or your academic program and continue to make career connections
- Attend events like Synergy and Scarlet & Gray
- Wrap up the Cougars LEAD Certificate
- Take the First Destination Survey and share next steps with the CFS
- Purchase interviewing attire (professional attire can often be found affordably at second hand stores, such as Goodwill)
- Create and or update your LinkedIn Profile
- Attend the College to Career Expo
- Start your job search early in the semester
- Consider Graduate school opportunities
- Reach out to your contacts including professors and current supervisors for letters of recommendation.
- Visit the Center for SUCCESS Resources by Major and Diverse Student Resources pages
- If you interned, share your experience with the Center for SUCCESS by contacting centerforsuccessFREESXU
- Apply for graduation and meet with an academic advisor
- Start researching companies
- Find a mentor
- Think about how classes have prepared you for your next steps and address these in interviews
- Clean up your online presence (social media)
- Do not compare yourself to others!
Center for SUCCESS is here to help you. Please schedule an appointment if you would like to discuss any of the items above. Summer is also a great time to accomplish some of these suggestions.