Billing and Payment Information
The Office of Student Accounts has adopted Self-Service: View Account and Make a Payment, which is more efficient and environmentally friendly. Tuition bills are generated electronically.
We believe this will streamline the student billing process and help to meet the growing expectation of our students for online payment services while providing you with an accurate, current and secure statement of your account that is available anytime you want to see it.
Additional benefits and services provided with the online billing process include:
- Student's ability to authorize other users (such as parents or spouse) to view and make payments toward their account
- Ability to view payment history
- Ability to view previous statements
- Payment accepted by electronic check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover Card. If any checks are returned due to account closed, cannot locate bank account or invalid account number, a $25 return fee may be added to the student account.
- Automatic and immediate posting of payments to the student account
To view your bill, make a payment or add an authorized user, log onto mySXU and go to Self-Service.
Payment Due Dates
Students who register for classes must pay all tuition and fees as billed unless they officially withdraw in the Office of Records and Registration by the withdrawal deadline. The University will not initiate withdrawals; the students must either drop a class or officially withdraw from the University within the published time period to be eligible to receive a tuition refund or adjustment.
For students who are unable to pay the amount due in full by the semester due date, the University offers a five month payment plan:
Enroll in the Cougar Payment Plan only if you are not paying your balance in full for the semester or your Financial Aid does not cover your entire balance. Past semester balances are not eligible for the Cougar Payment Plan and must be set up in the Office of Student Accounts.
- Cougar Payment Plan: $65 enrollment fee per semester
- Payment due dates for Fall: August 5, September 5, October 5, November 5, December 5.
- Payment due dates for Spring: January 5, February 5, March 5, April 5, May 5.
- Payment due dates for Summer ($25 Enrollment Fee): May 5, June 5, July 5.
- Allows for cash, check and money order payments made directly in the Student Accounts Office at Saint Xavier University. Electronic Checks and Credit Cards are accepted on mySXU, under Financial Information.
- Mailed check or money order payments should be sent to Student Accounts, 3700 W. 103rd St. Chicago IL, 60655, and please include the student account number with the payment.
- Autopay is not an option at this time.
- Employer Reimbursement Payment Plan
- Students who qualify for employer deferred tuition reimbursement.
- Graduate nursing students whose employers offer 100% tuition reimbursement.
- Chicago Police Department (CPD) Tuition Deferment Program
- The Tuition Deferment Program is for Chicago police officers enrolled at SXU that will be reimbursed by the City of Chicago for their tuition charges.
Failure to pay a balance due or sign up for a payment plan may result in the following:
The University may place a business hold on my student account, preventing me from registering for future classes if payment on my student account bill or any monies due and owing Saint Xavier University is not made by the scheduled due date. Saint Xavier University may also assess a one time late financial clearance fine of $100 each semester. Saint Xavier also reserves the right to drop a student's future registration for a past due balance.
Saint Xavier University may also refer a delinquent outstanding account to an outside collection agency and require reimbursement of the fees of any third party which may be calculated based on a percentage of the debt at the maximum amount permitted by applicable law.
All student accounts must be current and financially cleared in order to register for future semesters and any outstanding balance must be paid in full to receive a diploma upon graduation.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 773-298-3046 or studentaccountsFREESXU.
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Warde Academic Center A-227