The Office of the Bursar has adopted Self-Service: View Account and Make a Payment, which is more efficient and environmentally friendly. Tuition bills are generated electronically.
We believe this will streamline the student billing process and help to meet the growing expectation of our students for online payment services while providing you with an accurate, current and secure statement of your account that is available anytime you want to see it.
Additional benefits and services provided with the online billing process include:
- Student's ability to authorize other users (such as parents or spouse) to view and make payments toward their account
- Ability to view payment history
- Ability to view previous statements
- Payment accepted by electronic check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover Card. If any checks rejected due to account closed, cannot locate bank account or invalid account number, a $25.00 return fee will be added to the student account.
- Automatic and immediate posting of payments to the student account
To view your bill, make a payment or add an authorized user, log onto mySXU and go to Self-Service.
Payment Due Dates
Students who register for classes must pay all tuition and fees as billed unless they officially withdraw in the Office of Records and Advising by the withdrawal deadline. The University will not initiate withdrawals; the students must either drop a class or officially withdraw from the University within the published time period to be eligible to receive a tuition refund or adjustment.
For students who are unable to pay the amount due in full by the first day of classes, the University offers the following financing options:
- Nelnet (Formerly Tuition Management Systems)
A payment plan through Nelnet allows you to spread all or part of your annual tuition expenses over 5 equal interest-free monthly payments. Each monthly payment will be due on the 5th of the month.
- $55 Enrollment Fee
- 5 Month Payment Plan
- Fall, August 5 - December 5
- Spring, January 5 - May 5
- Employer Reimbursement Payment Plan
- Students who qualify for employer deferred tuition reimbursement
- Graduate Nursing students whose employers offer 100% tuition reimbursement should contact The Office of the Bursar to make arrangements.
Failure to sign up for the payment plan offered by Saint Xavier University by the first day of class will result in the following:
The University may report any late payments or payments not made in full when due to a credit bureau or similar credit reporting agency. If you fail to make any payment plus interest when due, the University may, at its option and without notice or other legal process, declare the unpaid amounts (including interest and any late payment penalty fees) immediately due and payable. Outstanding balances may be placed with one of our outside collection agencies and you will be responsible for any reasonable collection costs.
All student accounts must be current in order to register for future semesters and to receive grades, transcripts and financial clearance.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 773-298-3046 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.