Office of the Bursar
The Office of the Bursar can assist with any questions regarding tuition and fees, payment plans and financial clearance.
Our department is responsible for the following:
- Billing tuition and fees
- Collecting payments
- Counseling students and parents on payment options
- Processing refunds
The Office of the Bursar has adopted Self-Service: View Account and Make a payment, which is more efficient and environmentally friendly. Tuition bills will be generated electronically. You can view your tuition, classes and financial aid at any time via Self-Service on mySXU.
Using the new Self-Service: Make a Payment and View Account feature, you will see:
- Real-time information
- Easy-to-read account information
- On-demand printer-friendly PDF statements
- Pending/posted financial aid
- Billing history
Cash, money order and check will be accepted in the Office of the Bursar. MasterCard, Discover, Visa and American Express payments will only be accepted online through Self-Service.
To allow for social distancing, the Office of the Bursar is asking for students to make appointments for in-person payments at least 24 hours in advance by emailing email@example.com. Thank you for your cooperation!
Every Saint Xavier University student is required to receive financial clearance each semester. Financial clearance is the recognition that you have made appropriate arrangements to pay each semester's charges. If you fail to obtain financial clearance, you will be unable to obtain a valid ID card or move into the residence hall. In addition, students who do not obtain financial clearance before the end of the first week of classes each term will be assessed a $100 late clearance fee.
Ways to Obtain Financial Clearance
You will receive financial clearance when any of the following occur:
- Your total financial aid (minus any loan processing fees) meets or exceeds your charges for the semester. (Financial aid includes approved federal plus or alternative loans.)
- You are current with Nelnet.
- You pay your semester's charges in full when you receive your initial statement.
Checking Your Financial Clearance Status
Contact the Office Of the Bursar at 773-298-3046 if you have any questions.