Award for Faculty Service
The Saint Xavier University Award recognizes a faculty member who, through teaching, scholarship, and service has furthered the mission of Saint Xavier University both within SXU and to the larger academic, civic and religious communities and who has consistently embodied the University's Catholic and Mercy identity by "serving wisely and compassionately in support of human dignity and the common good." The award will be presented on Mission Day on Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 3:30 p.m. in the Butler Reception Room.
Candidates must be full-time, or portion of full-time faculty members at Saint Xavier University.
- Recognizes the uniqueness of a faith based institution of higher education and values and promotes "dialogue between faith and reason."
- Makes a significant contribution to teaching
- Addresses substantive issues in the civic or faith communities
- Fosters positive relationships among Saint Xavier, the broader academic world, and the community at large
- Contributes to ongoing university commitments to service for others, reflecting the spirituality of Sisters of Mercy Foundress Catherine McAuley and the social justice tradition of the Church.
Who May Nominate
Nominations are encouraged from faculty peers, staff and students. Potential candidates may nominate themselves.
- Fill out the nomination form.
- Please submit nominations to the Office for Mission and Heritage, Mercy Ministry Center, Front Desk.
- The deadline for nominations is noon on Wednesday, February 14, 2020.
- The selection committee reviews all nominations and submits a recommendation to the University president for a final decision.
|2019||Zepure Samawi, RN, Ph.D.||1999||Stanley Boyer, Ph.D.|
|2018||Karen Benjamin, Ph.D.
Peter Kirstein, Ph.D.
|1998||Julie McNellis, Ph.D.|
|2017||Gina Rossetti, Ph.D.||1997||Joan L. Klein, R.N., M.S.|
|2016||Karen Wood, Ph.D.||1996||Avis Clendenen, D.Min., Ph.D.|
|2015||Kathleen McInerney, Ph.D.||1995||Nancy Goodfellow, M.S.|
|2014||Arunas Dagys, D.A.||1994||Sister M. Dominic Merwick, R.S.M., M.A.|
|2013||Peter Hilton, Ph.D.||1993||JoAnn Gruca, R.N., Ph.D.|
|2012||William Kresse, J.D.||1992||Mary Lederer Roby, Ph.D.|
|2011||Judith Hiltner, Ph.D.||1991||Sister Marion Johnson, R.S.M., M.S.|
|2010||Michael O'Keeffe, Ph.D.||1990||Darlene O'Callaghan, R.N., M.S.N.|
|2008-2009||Margaret Bogacz, D.A.||1989||Margaret K. Carroll, Ed.D.|
|2007||Michael Flahive, Ph.D.||1988||Faisal Rahman, Ph.D.|
|2006||Jan Bickel, D.M.A.||1987||Joanne Fleming, M.S.|
|2005||Eileen Quinn Knight, Ph.D.||1986||Dorothy M. Binder, Ph.D.|
|2004||Monzurul Hoque, Ph.D.||1985||Mary Lebold, R.N., Ed.D.|
|2003||Sandra Burkhardt, Ph.D.||1984||Sister M. Denis O'Grady, R.S.M., Ph.D.|
|2002||Gail Harris-Schmidt, Ph.D.||1983||Hassan Haddad, Ph.D.|
|2001||Dale Fast, Ph.D.||1982||Sister M. Antonine Ludden, R.S.M.|
|2000||Angelo Bonadonna, Ph.D.||1981||Lois Neville, M.A.|