In-Network Insurance Plans
We are in-network with the following insurance plans:
- Aetna PPO and Multi-Plan Products
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO
- Humana PPO
- Medicare (Part B and Part D)
- United Healthcare PPO
- United Student Resources
We are actively working with many other health insurances to gain preferred provider status. Please check this website or call the Health Center for updates.
We send all lab specimens to Quest Diagnostics. As of October 14, 2019, all labs that are collected at the SXU Health Center will be billed by Quest Diagnostics. This means if labs are performed during your visit you may receive a separate bill from Quest for any services not covered or requiring co-insurance. This does not apply to our self-pay patients.
Quest is in-network with most insurance plans, but we highly recommend that you verify your Quest laboratory benefits with your carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card. Additionally you can verify that Quest is in-network with your insurance plan on their website.
- We offer reasonable self-pay rates for out-of-network and uninsured adults and children.
- Self-pay patients have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate explaining how much your medical care will cost.
- Please call the Health Center at 773-298-3712 for current pricing.
- We accept all insurance plans for undergraduate student sick visits. For preventative care (physicals, vaccines, etc.), your policy may require you to stay within your network in order for these services to be covered. Please call 773-298-3712 with questions.
- SXU graduate students and alumni can either use in-network insurance or our self-pay rates for any visits.