Remote Teaching Resources
Strategies for Transitioning to Remote Teaching
- Think about how course learning goals can be met in the online format rather than trying to reproduce your classroom activities exactly.
- Consider changing assessments like quizzes and in-class exams to take home tests or papers
- Please be accommodating with your students who may have difficulty accessing online content from their homes.
- Ask for help! We have great colleagues at SXU, and people are willing to help.
- Making a Virtual Plan (MVP) Canvas Course - This course includes a series of short videos tutorials that show how faculty can use canvas to provide some instruction online should the need arise. Please use your SXU netID to access the course.
- Canvas Video Conferencing - (Recommended for online class meetings) Canvas Conference allows instructor to conduct synchronous meetings with their students. Instructor can broadcast real-time audio and video, share presentation slides, or demo online resources by sharing their screen.
- Zoom Video Conferencing - (Recommended for online one-on-one meetings) Zoom Video Conference allows users to conduct synchronous meetings with their colleagues. Users can broadcast real-time audio and video, share presentation slides, or demo online resources by sharing your screen.
- National Emergency Library - National Emergency Library is a digitized collection of over 1.4 million older books that includes a strong a strong liberal arts college collection. After creating an account, individuals can check out ten books for fourteen days.
- Faculty coaches/mentors - Please contact your dean for more information. You may also post your questions in the Making a Virtual Plan (MVP) Course.
- Online Tests (PDF)
We understand security is the biggest concern for tests and final exams. If you decide to move your quiz/exam online, please make sure your students have the necessary technology to take the quiz/exam online.
- Going online in a hurry (PDF)
- Center for Learning and Student Support - The Center for Learning and Student Support will continue to provide remote services for SXU students