As a student-centered Mercy institution, the academic and personal success of our students is important to all of us at Saint Xavier University. Through the SXU Experience, we will strive to provide you with a transformative educational experience with high-quality academic programs, engaging leadership opportunities and clear college-to-career pathways.
As you begin your academic journey, you'll have a team of support to guide you throughout your time at SXU to build up your competence, strengthen your character and prepare you for career success.
- Personalized academic planning
- High-quality academics taught by experienced, caring faculty
- Collaborative research opportunities
- 60+ varied student clubs and organizations
- Leadership and personal development workshops and opportunities
- Service and study abroad trips
- Internship and career planning
- Networking opportunities
- Access to an e-portfolio to showcase your achievements
As a participant of the SXU Experience, you will receive thoughtful and intentional mentoring with your team of support, made up of:
- your academic advisor, who will assist you with making progress towards your degree.
- your SUCCESS coach, who will assist you with creating meaningful alignment between curricular, co-curricular, personal and career goals.
- your peer SUCCESS mentor, who will help ease the transition from high school to college and foster peer-to-peer connections.
Throughout your time at SXU, you will develop important life and career skills through service, leadership opportunities, co-curricular activities and pre-professional experiences. Your support team will also help you to help create a uniquely special experience -- one inspired by our Mercy mission.
How can I participate?
If you are enrolled in one of the designated sections of transitions (TS-100) in the fall 2021, which includes a selection of business, general, and major choices sections, you will be included in the first-year pilot of this program.