At Saint Xavier University, we believe that academic advising is a pivotal component of the educational experience, used to empower students to think critically, and to explore and identify academic and career interests. Through guidance and mentorship, advising encourages academic excellence and accountability, and helps students to realize their full potential.
Academic advising is a shared responsibility between student and advisor. Advisors, whether staff or faculty, work to inspire students by building relationships, empowering self-awareness and reflection, connecting students with appropriate resources, fostering personal development, and supporting various college-to-career pathways. Although advisors provide guidance and recommendations, students are ultimately responsible for making academic decisions and satisfying degree requirements.
Advising Documents and Forms
Advising and registration forms needed throughout a student’s academic career at Saint Xavier University (along with definitions) can be found below:
- Add/Drop Form needed to add or drop a class.
- Audit Form a form to take a course for non-credit.
- Change of Address a form to request a change of address.
- Change of Grade a form to request a change of grade.
- Change of Major a form to declare a major or change a major.
- Intent to Minor a form to declare a minor.
- Pass/Fail Grade Request a form to request to take a course as pass or fail.
Records & Registration
For all official forms tied to records/and or registration, please visit the Records and Registration Form page.Visit Page