Home > Academics > Academic Resources > Office of Records and Registration > Refund Policy for Arizona Students
Refund Policy for Arizona Students
Tuition Refund Timetable for Drops/Withdrawals
|Refund per Dropped Course||Fall/Spring Term||Summer Term|
|Full||Up to 7 days after the first class meeting||Up to 3 calendar days after the first class meeting|
|75 Percent||8 to 14 calendar days after the first class meeting||Not applicable|
|50 Percent||15 to 21 calendar days after the first class meeting||4 to 6 calendar days after the first class meeting|
|No Refund||22 calendar days or more after the first class meeting||7 calendar days or more after the first class meeting|
- Three-Day Cancellation: An applicant who provides written notice of cancellation within three days (excluding Saturday, Sunday, and federal and state holidays) of signing an enrollment agreement is entitled to a refund of all monies paid. The school shall provide the 100 percent refund no later than 30 days from notice of cancellation.
- An applicant who provides written notice of cancellation to the Office of Records or through Self-Service more than three days after signing an Enrollment Agreement and making the initial payment, but prior to the commencement of class meetings is entitled to a refund of all monies paid.
- To be eligible for a tuition refund after classes commence:
- The student must officially withdraw from a course within the time periods below, and
- After the official withdrawal from a course or courses, be enrolled less than full time (fewer than 12 credits).
- Students maintaining a full-time enrollment of 12 or more credit hours for the term, after the official withdrawal from a course(s), are not eligible for a refund.
- Recipients of federal financial aid who officially withdraw from the University are subject to Federal Title IV refund guidelines. For more information visit the Office of the Bursar's Credits and Refunds web page.
- Students who are expelled, administratively withdrawn or suspended from the University during the course of an academic term are responsible for all financial obligations.
- If the withdrawal from a course or courses results in a credit balance in the student's account, a refund will be issued within 30 days of the official drop or withdrawal date.