School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Welcome to the School of Nursing and Health Sciences!
Whether you are recent high school graduates or returning adult, Saint Xavier University's (SXU) School of Nursing and Health Sciences (SONHS) has the right bachelor or master program for all!
Why Choose SXU?
- The Nursing program was the first nursing Mercy school in Illinois.
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and the master's degree program in nursing at Saint Xavier University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- SONHS has been awarded the National League for Nursing Center of Excellence (COE) in Nursing Education designation continuously since 2007.
- The Communication Sciences and Disorders program has been educating future speech-language pathologists for nearly 60 years through its undergraduate program and its on-campus clinic, which currently serves more than 195 clients each semester. The graduate program, established 25 years ago, is fully accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- The Gerontology, Exercise Science and Sports and Fitness Administration majors support learning the theory and practice of the discipline both in the classroom and in action with capstone and internships.
At SXU, the School of Nursing and Health Sciences will prepare students for the 21st century health care workplace by teaching them to be strong clinicians with a focus on health and wellness across diverse populations while acquiring a quality education from a top ranked program.